Click on a question below to see the answer.

Do I need a damage sticker?

Current legislation in Alberta states that if you are involved in a motor vehicle collision and the damages exceed $2,000 you must file a police report and obtain a damage sticker. If you are unsure if the damages to your vehicle are over $2,000, please contact Powerchief autobody.

Where can I obtain a damage sticker?

If the accident happened inside Calgary city limits, any police station can issue a damage sticker. If the accident happened outside Calgary city limits, you must obtain a damage sticker from the RCMP.

What is the difference between adjuster and an appraiser?

An adjuster represents an insurer with respect to the settlement of claims. An adjuster can be an employee of the insurance company or an independent adjuster hired by the insurance company.

Your insurance company may assign an appraiser to review the damages to your vehicle. An appraiser is trained in determining the value of damages.

How do I obtain a claim number?

Your insurance company will assign a claim number when you report your accident to them. Your claim number is all Powerchief needs to begin the repair process.

Who do I pay the deductible to?

The amount of your deductible is determined in your insurance policy. Powerchief collects the deductible from you when you pick up your vehicle. Your insurance company is billed for the total amount of the repairs less the deductible.

What form of payment does Powerchief accept?

Powerchief accepts cash, debit, Visa and MasterCard.

How long will my repairs take?

The length of repairs depends on the extent of the damage.

What are betterment charges?

Betterment charges are determined by your insurance company based on the wear and tear of parts that wear out over a period of time. Tires and batteries are periodically subject to betterment charges. Betterment can also apply to a part being replaced by your insurance company that had previous damage.

Does Power Chief do online estimates?

Yes we do. Please go to the Online Estimate link at the top of the page and it will take you to our Online Estimate form.

In Case of Collision

If you are involved in a Motor Vehicle Accident where the combined damage to the vehicles exceeds $2,000 you are required by Law to obtain a 'Damage Clearance Sticker' from the R.C.M.P. or the City Police.If a tow truck is needed you may have your vehicle towed to the repair shop or location of your choice.If insurance is involved report to your insurance agent as soon as possible.It is your privilege to choose the auto body shop where you wish to have your vehicle repaired. Only the vehicle owner has the right to authorize repairs and is directly responsible to the auto body shop for the repair account, until paid for by the Insurance Company.In the standard automobile insurance contract there is no obligation on the part of the insured to obtain estimates. Your insurers should have a claims service to determine the cost of the repairs at the auto body shop which you choose to repair your vehicle.If for any reason your insurance company requires more than one estimate, they should provide these without cost or inconvenience to you.

Look for the Automotive Service and Repair Association symbol of quality.